First of all, I actually did hang the mirrors, and I even took some pictures of the project as I went, but I still need to take some pictures of them where they’re not just reflecting my messy room.*
But I think today’s going to be a busy day at work, so here is the good news and the bad news about today.
- The good news is that I requested 2 PTO days and they were both approved, and everyone knows how much I love not being at work.
- The bad news is that I am currently at work, and I am so so so tired. Improbably tired! Did I actually stay up all night jogging or doing math while I thought I was asleep? Is there a carbon monoxide leak in my house/car/office/brain that is making me feel so drowsy? Inexplicably tired.
- The good news is it’s almost Thanksgiving! Every year, I buy 2 chocolate chip pecan pies from a friend to take to Thanksgiving dinner (This is not a traditional Thanksgiving pie. In fact, it’s closer to a traditional Kentucky Derby pie, but this is Pittsburgh, and we don’t really celebrate the derby so much.) Anyway, with 48 hrs until my favorite holiday of the year, that pie is all I can think about. Soon you will be mine!
- There is no more bad news to report. 3 day workweek!
- And one item that ended up kind of neutral: Had to unclog the toilet last night and it made me start to re-think the dual-flush kit that I installed a few weeks ago. I get that it works for Ikea, and I get that it works for Young House Love (where I got the idea/courage to attempt this), and also probably most of Europe, but I just don’t know if it’s right for us with our precarious Pittsburgh plumbing. It doesn’t help matters that we still need a new fill valve, so maybe replacing that will make me like it more? The jury is still out, but the good news is that the ole’ “Dump a Bucket of Hot Water in the Toilet” trick worked like a dream to unclog it. So there you have it, kids, my first DIY tutorial.
I’ll say it again, this time in haiku:
Toilet not flushing?
Fill a bucket- hot water!
Dump it all in there.
*I just kind of think it’s hilarious that my solution is not to clean the room -that would be ridiculous!- but instead to take different pictures where the mirrors do not reflect the mess.